Collaborate to Compete: Staff Development Workshop
Teacher team building is at the heart of any successful school. Critical to engaging students in learning to the best of their abilities, are highly effective faculty, staff and leadership teams. In order to strive for excellence, schools first must learn how to work together towards common goals before they can encourage, inspire and educate. Improving teacher morale, faculty cohesiveness and school climate have greatest impact on student learning. A lack of personal understanding, and understanding of others, can lead to problems such as tension, disappointment, hurt feelings, unmet expectations and poor communication. The end result is poor student performance.
Research indicates that when school districts incorporate team-building strategies into their schools, it creates a sense of belonging, encourages tolerance and team spirit, improves communications skills, and creates an atmosphere of community.
Youth Voices Center provides its Excellence for All: Collaborate to Compete program to help teachers and staff develop and apply the knowledge and skills necessary to help students learn. Through its one-day workshop, Youth Voices Center encourages faculty, staff and administrators to share on a personal level, enabling them to build and strengthen relationships, as well as better understand students and coworkers.
Youth Voices Center Staff Development Workshop benefits include:
- Getting to know each other better; Bonding and improved morale
- Building team spirit and camaraderie
- Improving group communication; Creating a climate of cooperation and collaborative problem-solving
- Team development by building community with a common purpose
- Encouraging tolerance and understanding; Creating awareness of individual differences, personality strengths and weaknesses
- Developing trust, care, compassion, kindness and empathy
- Creating a sense of belonging and connectivity
- Encouraging Creativity!
- Improving motivation and self-esteem
- Higher levels of job satisfaction and commitment
Click here to read testimonial from Christina Roberts, Principal of Albany Leadership, Charter High School for Girls.
Download Collaborate to Compete Packet with Pricing.